Translate

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

No, I don't mean disco (nor would I ever mean disco a' la 70's)

Heat indicies are a fallacy much the dame as chill factor. there is only one dividing line. 60 degrees. below that it goes from cool to cold to ouch above it goes from ok to warm to hot to ouch also. If you get confused with it, stick your hand outside and feel the air. (If it comes back in wet that means it is raining, or as often happend here and in FLA a cloud has crash landed)

This kind of weather is the kind that makes people repeat themselves a lot also. So take care if you needs go to the outdoors. Drink plenty of fluids. (not beer or whiskey or anything else with alcohol as a major ingredient) Most carbonated drinks should be limited as well as who needs any extra gas. I think most nutritionist (not on UF's Payrole) would agree that plain old H2O is the best (though I can't really recommend the water from most city systems that have been "made safe to drink" with the addition of clorine")

In La. today it is HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Gravy JMM said...

Hot as in...I just walk outside and I need to go back inside and change my clothes because I've already soaked them with my sweat...Hot. Would recommend snowcones with Propel water.

GB Hoyt said...

Plain water can alter your electrolytic balance. So the UF people are right. In a way.
Hot here in Lakeland too...

Gravy JMM said...

I know hot...we have winter for 3 weeks here south fl. Actually the best thirst quencher I ever had was in Jamiaca, they had a thing called Coconut jelly where they took a baby coconut with almost all of its liquid, put it on ice then sliced a whole in it, you drank the milk and then you scooped up remaining coconut which looked like jelly. It was totally satisfying.