Translate

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Somewhere out there.....

There are only three of them left. Such is life. We all will wear out eventually. These four columns have stood since about 1843. Over 150 years and they are a tribute to many things to many people. A taste of history for sure. The bricks that make them up were made by slave labor. Some will take offense to that, others will think differently, but to me they are the representation of people who worked and I think took pride in their accomplishment. One of the columns has succumbed to the ravages of time and I have a few of the bricks. To me they look like they were built by someone who understood the earth and how to shape it. We should never forget that slavery did exist in our past (and many people truly understand that the old type of slavery still exist, while fewer recognize the newer form of slavery) and it was simply a fact of life back then. I do not say it was right, just that it was.

For me, I choose the path of a free slave. I will serve Jesus by my own choice. .

No comments: