Translate

Monday, October 10, 2011

Things are getting bad......

when you come inside and your electronic thermometer tells you it is 82.3 f  and you were sure it was at least 95 out there. I just do not like the aftereffects of drugs, including antibiotics. Of course some of the aftereffects of home remedies are just as pronounced, but there you have it. Just stripped down a pair of computers and found that they were P II's. Did not realize that beforehand, but there again you have it. Now to zap a couple of 40 giggers and see what comes next. I saw where Ruby has begun a change in versions now. I guess W8 should be mumbled about shortly along with other primary system upgrades. Should we push the government to track down and just shoot the virus makers and idiot hackers, maybe string up the script-kiddies? No, I do not trust the government either. Kinda like asking Beelzebub to swat flies. (I wonder how many sci-fi readers will catch that?? If you did, remind me who wrote it as I am swimming upstream in a senior moment.)  I wonder when Apple is going to come out with Sabre Tooth (or whatever feline they think of next.) I have lost track of  Ubuntu's system names. Natty Narwhal was the last (I think) and it is running smoothly for me as I tend to update daily or whenever I bring the system up. I have to say that W7 has been doing ok so far, but as with NN I tend to update frequently and have not experienced a bad update like I had with XP one time.  Most of my W machines are still running XP quite adequately as W7 is on only 3 machines and it is likely to remain that way. Come 14 (if 12 is not the end of the world and Christ does not come) I will remove the all of the XP machines from the net and enjoy a total lack of concern about hackers, worms, viruses and governments spying on me. Maybe I will get around to that novel I thought about years ago.

1 comment:

GB Hoyt said...

Something about twisted webs...