Translate

Sunday, March 19, 2006

World View

My world view is somewhat limited. I say that because what the world wants and what I want are things that can never really come together. From what I have seen in life, the only way for there to be world peace is for humans to abandon the planet. Let nature rule and the world will eventually return to the natural destruction/conquest/decomposition cycle. Mankind simply accelerated that cycle with selfish view of dominence. Until mankind can control himself (or herself) and put the needs of the many first, we can never direct the future in a positive manner. Can we know peace, even when it comes? Only a gifted few (relatively speaking) understand the truest nature of the universe, and then only because they are willing to acknowledge their inability to truely understand it fully. True scientist are few. There are those who are investigators that pursue scientific knowledge, but work from a pre-existant plan or presumption and there are those few who look at things in wonder and seek knowledge of how it is done regardless of preconcieved notions or propositions. A true scientist will not reject the notion of "intelligent design" (politically correct, almost, of saying Jehovah / God / Almighty) nor do they blindly accept "intellegent design" without looking into it. Many scientist are left with the conclusion that they just don't know and don't understand, and are unwilling to leave it at that, so they create possiblity scenarios which require blind acceptance (scientific faith??) of some postulation.

Being a simple minded (as supposed by the "learned") and from the swamps where life may abound, but didn't start, many will disregard my opinion. So be it. They have the right. But as I have seen a bit of the world and been to places of power (natural and man-made) I have been left with the conclusion that this world is not an accident of nature but a creation of God. Did it take a week (well, six days?) I wasn't there to mark the calendar. Does it matter to me? No, I'll probably live out my 89 years without knowing for sure. I still won't be concered with how long it took to build. God did it and time is His servant, not He the slave of time. I am stuck here in linear time with few options about it, but I have no concern (even though my personal intent is to beat Bilbo's 134 years.) Ya'll have fun and come visit the swamps soon.... (hurricane season starts soon and I would recommend seeing the swamps before the next landfall in south central Louisiana)

No comments: