Translate

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Neat trips don't have to be expensive, (but it helps to have cash)

We just did a little trip to Daytona Beach to R & R and visit with the kids, etc. 800+ miles each way. I recommend it and I don't recommend it (sounds democratic doesn't it? or maybe republicratic) because that is a long way and gas isn't free. Biketoberfest 2k6 was cranking up and there were plenty of hogs to see (and a few rice burners as well) but the real fun for me was the dance after getting back. (Just us 2 on the living room floor) Of course, LA turned soggy and we came back in the middle of the rain. At least 5.5 inches (all the rain gage holds) plus another 1/2 last night. But all is well with my world except my health (I hate summer colds in the winter) and the lack of people to do the work at work. Another saturday night I could have spent sleeping but am forced by circumstances to work (for time and a half of course). Life always goes on though and we do what we can when we can get to it. I hope your day goes well and God's hand is made evident for you. He has revealed many things to me over the years and sometimes I was paying attention. (a necessary thing to see His wonders and realize that is what you are looking at!)

No comments: