Translate

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Possum Hollow Pundits

There is actually nothing on the Dead Pelican website about Possum Hollow. Maybe it will stay that way. But if you want to see how the politicing in La is going, give it a shot. And yes, sometimes I make up the words but you can usually gather the meaning rather quickly.

Sometimes I wonder why people think they can get away with anything. I could not when I was a kid. My kids thought they could, but seldom did they unless we just felt it was not worth the squabble. And even then they found out later that we knew and they just forgot that we knew. I grew up without an expectation of privacy (three brothers and two cousins) and I never figured I could get away with anything because Moma always knew what was going on. Daddy did too, but he would let us make the mistake then tell us. I must say that correction from Moma was expected, but when Daddy got into the correction game, it hurt inside more than outside.

Currently I'm waiting for my Valentine present. They were out so I had to order on line. Waiting for delivery is something else.

I love you world, but you are a pain in the rear at times. Closest I've ever felt to God I think.

1 comment:

sid said...

I think it,s a Hoyt thing; my mom was great at that, too! Dad's punishment (or the fear of it) kept us in line most of the time. But if we did something really shameful, we faced Mom. The very thought that Mom would be disapointed in us, or worse - ashamed of us, was more of a painful deterrent than anything.