Translate

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'm a DeadHead, of a sort. Never subscribed to the necessity of psycho-active ingredients, mainly because I seemed to be in the state those who did were seeking. Some times I "hear" music, Sometimes I "see"  music, sometimes I "feel", often with senses meant for other purposes. I was fortunate that my children were influenced by more than just my musical taste. I listened to (and still do) the music of the times, the past, the abstract, most genre's you can define and much you cannot. For instance, in what universe would one listen to , say "Iron Butterfly" (of Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida fame) and "The Hampton Grease Band" and view them as being the same genre'. Yes, I can tell teh difference between Hank Sr. and Hank Jr. just like I can discern Donovan Leitch from Melanie Safka, all of which produced music that I liked and did not like.

So what am I saying? Listen and learn. Yes I know the words to "Let It Go" (not a Hans Christian Anderson song or sentiment) as well as "It's a Small World", All of which "Dark Star" can drown out without elevating the volume.


And if you really want an insight to my mind, give an ear to "The Monkey and The Engineer".

No comments: