Translate

Monday, April 13, 2015

My kids are very strange people. I say that with some pride as I am very strange as well. If I make a reference to say, The Grateful Dead, they can usually pick up on it. If my reference is to Timothy or Paul, they know which part of the Good Book to look in. I got smart kids. And Grandkids too.

My life has been varied and strange as far back as I can remember and it doesn't bother me at all. I like it. Many of the people I knew in high school and grammar school have made life choices different from me, by that I mean almost every one of them, people and choices. Some have chosen what the world calls "alternate life styles" which is not what I would call it as I consider it a bad choice.
But that doesn't mean I don't love and care for them any more, it means simply that I don't agree with them. Kind of like the difference between String Theory and Quantum Loop Gravity. While both involve the mathematics of imagination  neither hit on the truth of the universe.

Some may consider me a "homophobe" and a racist (I am white by the standard definitions, of which I do not subscribe) but by doing so they only display their ignorance of me. Yes, I do disagree with many of the shrinks of the world, I definitely disagree with I would have to say every politician, and I am sure each of the few people who read this disagree with me on some points, but that is mankind and life. 

Many of the "religions" of the world would have cause to reject what I believe because I do not agree with their teachings or beliefs. I am certain that they are wrong, but that is me. I have a view that differs from the world because I believe that I am responsible for my choices and what I do and choose to believe.

If you disagree with me, that is your choice and I will not take your choice from you, it is yours.I am under no obligation to accept your thinking as right as you are under no obligation to accept my views.

If you have problems with that, I suggest (not order, suggest) that you get over yourself. I did.

No comments: